FREE PROJECT !!!
Pretty 18″ Doll Headband
- 2 1/4” X 22 1/2” fabric
- 3/4” soft elastic, 15″ long.
- Cut a 2 1/4” by 22 1/2” piece of fabric.
- Fold fabric in half lengthwise. Stitch 1/4” seam allowance, lengthwise to within 2” of each end (1).
- Slip a safety pin through the end fold, and feed through the fabric, turning the “tube” right side out. Do not press…you want soft edges.
- Pin ends together, and stitch at 1/4” seam allowance (2).
- Insert the elastic through the opening.
- Stitch elastic ends together (3).
- Hand sew the fabric opening closed (4).
- Make and add the ribbon bow (directions below) (5).
- Hand sew the bow to the band, covering the seam line.
Cool Ribbon Bow
- Hairpin lace frame set with rods 2″ apart
- 1/8” ribbon, approximately 2 yards
- Set the width of the hairpin lace with rods 2″ apart.
- Wrap the ribbon on the frame, leaving 5” tails.
- Using a very short straight stitch length (1.0), place the frame under the sewing machine foot, and stitch down the middle of the ribbon (2).
- Remove the ribbon from the frame.
- Fold ribbon in half along the seam, and stitch again, close to the original stitching (3).
- Roll the ribbon up, and tack bottom edge by hand, holding the roll together (4).
- Add more ribbon streamers if you like (5).
- Hand tack your ribbon bow to your headband.
Free!!! Tips for Sewing Doll Clothes!
Sewing doll clothes is different than sewing for oneself. Get your free mini-course with tips and techniques on successfully stitching these smaller size garments. 11 lessons coming directly to your email inbox over the next 2 weeks.
Just enter your first name and e-mail address, in the form below, and we’ll email you your first lesson right now.
**Double-check your email for accuracy to ensure you receive your free mini course.
Privacy Assured: Your email address is never shared with anyone.